Sunday, January 2, 2011

First run in the Habitat

There the other day I finally managed to try out the Habitat 80 I got a few weeks ago, on the Annamoe in Wicklow. I'm right in between the weight ranges for the 75 and the 80 and in the end I went for the bigger one since it'll be better suited to bigger rivers on trips abroad and will be better for carrying splits and other rescue gear. It turns out its class, really fast and really easy to boof. I love the outfitting too, it took about 5 minutes to get the boat set up perfectly for me and then I was comfortable in it for the day. And its pretty much the same as whats in the Wavesport playboats so the control you get from it is really good too. The only thing that it didnt seem that great for was catching small eddies, not surprising since its such a big boat but I'm sure I'll figure that bit out over the next few weeks too. I cant wait to get it out on the Glens next time it rains to see what shes like when the going gets a bit bigger. Should be perfect for the Glens at a decent level!

No comments:

Post a Comment